I was married on Valentine’s Day so I am a sucker for love and to keep love alive, date nights are a must. From weekend staycations to quick date day lunches during the week, it is important to keep the ritual of date night on the calendar.
The date doesn’t have to be the only gift you give to your beloved. Tokens of appreciation and gratitude can be expressed in presents that are for one of you or both of you. I love any excuse to shop and gift gifts and show some southern hospitality. If you are looking for ways to give gifts and enjoy your date night, here are 10 gift ideas that say “I love you.”
- Pampering gifts are sure-fire winners like a Naked Cashmere Pure Cashmere Home Set is just the gift they need to feel comfy at home or on the road. Add a gift card to a favorite day spa for a couples massage.
- Feed each other with gourmet foods such as ROE Caviar’s gift set. These are especially perfect for a beachfront date night at a resort or rental property. You can also include these books on Historically Black Beachfronts to your reading list.
- Sweets for your sweet aren’t limited to a box of chocolates, try giving a Royalty Pecans pie. Nothing says southern like pecans. I grew up with a pecan tree in my childhood home and these always are a great addtion to a date night snack.
- The gift of a weighted terry robe brings a luxury hotel home. Your love could relax and luxuriate in this Gravity robe weighted with glass beads.
- Toasting each other can have so much more meaning with the gift of handcrafted fferrone Dearborn champagne flutes. After you say cheers, the glasses can join a keepsake glassware collection.
- A boudoir fragrance by Nest like Turkish Rose can keep love in the air. It also makes a perfect addition to a date night gift basket. Get inspriation for gift basket items here.
- Both of you can wear your heart on your sleeve with a pair of Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co. Full Heart black cuff links.
- Chocolate can be a girl’s (or guy’s) best friend, try a truffle quartet by Dandelion that features Feve chocolates. Want to make your own chocolates? Get inspired from these dessert cookbooks written by Black Woman chefs.
- Cook up some love or trouble or both in the kitchen with a cooking class you can both take online or at a local culinary school. (Williams Sonoma offers a number of cooking classes and events.) Check out some of my favorite African American cookbooks fo inspiration to prepare a meal with heritage.
- Give the gift of “alone time,” especially to the one with a harried schedule at home and work.
Finally, date night is a gift, in and of itself. So keep gifts just as thoughtful and meaningful AND memorable to inspire even more. Feel free to share some of you favorite Black-Owned date night places to explore or even some of your traditions for preparing for date night.