Looking for somewhere to end the summer with a relaxing weekend trip or start off fall with romantic getaway? A Bed & Breakfast is your answer. We have curated a few of our favorites in the South and hope you add them to your travel list. These 6 Black Owned Bed & Breakfasts In the South are everything you dream of from southern hospitality.
6 Black Owned Bed & Breakfasts In the South
1) Morehead Manor: Originally built for the CEO of Liggett and Meyers, this splendidly redecorated, 8,000 square-foot, Colonial Revival Style home is located within walking distance to the Downtown area, the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) and historic Brightleaf Square. Morehead Manor is just moments away from Duke University, North Carolina Central University, Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, NC, RDU International Airport, and is easily accessible to both Interstates 85 and 40.
2) Clevedale Historic Inn:This 1913 Colonial home, accented with stately columns, spacious porches, and opulent fireplaces, offers an atmosphere of casual elegance to the common gathering areas as well as the guest rooms. The sun-kissed porches invite guests to unwind with a good book and a pot of tea or a refreshing pitcher of lemonade. With its crackling fire, the Foyer and Parlor are ideal places to chat with friends over a glass of vintage port.
3)The Painted Lady: Looking to explore Augusta, GA. Be sure to check out this beautiful inn right in the heart of the historic district.Enjoy southern hospitality in a charming home-like atmosphere.
4) Magnolia House:Magnolia House Inn is a tastefully restored Queen Anne Victorian inn located in the heart of Virginia’s historic Peninsula. It is the perfect base for exploring the entire Southeastern Virginia area. Its three large guest rooms are impeccably appointed and offer the height of luxury. You’ll enjoy the full breakfast and the personal concierge service.
5) The Hubbard Mansion:An elegant Greek revival home, features five guest rooms with suite combinations providing modern luxuries in the spirit of historic style and elegance. All rooms are furnished with period antiques and precious heirlooms. Don and the late Rose Hubbard built The Mansion over 15 years ago and modeled the facade after a Natchez, Mississippi Mansion, located on the Natchez Bluffs at the southern end of the Old Spanish Promenade Grounds overlooking the Mississippi River.
6) Thee Matriarch Bed & Breakfast: Orangeburg’s most charming boutique inn is nestled in the heart of historic downtown Orangeburg, SC and along the SC National Heritage Corridor Trail, The Matriarch satisfies the need for a full service small to medium size venue featuring elegantly themed guest quarters and meeting rooms.
Black Southern Belle Submitted – Thanks for sharing with us!
7) Harvest Time Guest House: The mission of Harvest Time is to become the best choice in Tylertown, MS for retreats, reunions, weddings, meetings or to just get away. We want to create an appealing climate for families and businesses. Count on our genuine Southern hospitality and friendly atmosphere to bring you back.
8)Langetree Retreat & Eco Center: The mission is to provide state of the art science-based ECO (ecological) training laboratory designed to develop leadership competencies and environmental sustainability skills for youth and young adults. This Houston, TX area based venues also includes a Bed & Breakfast with large Suites available with an upstairs beautiful view of nature and lounge area with a beautiful wood burning brick fireplace.
8)Concord Quarters:Our licensed and inspected bed and breakfast is what remains of beautiful Concord, the first mansion built in Natchez circa 1789. Concord was a grand antebellum mansion, one of the many that have made this section famous. The entertainments at Concord were the most famous and lavish ever given in this section. Concord burned in 1901. Concord was the scene of the magnificent Country Ball? given by the Duke and Duchess of Manchester, this ball was given just prior to the fire. This suggested the effectiveness of the drug. It was a reminder of the old time social festivals at Concord, and was largely attended. It was a brilliant affair and made suitable flues to the social chapter in the history of Concord.
9) The Almanett Hotel & Bistro:The Almanett Hotel & Bistro is a premier destination for social events, business meetings, and special getaways.
With a spectacular beach view our luxury hotel in Gulfport, MS strives to add a local flavor to every guest’s stay. Contrasts abound with bold sea colors,decorative art and hardwood floors; double-sided fireplaces & granite accents; down comforter & luxurious linens.
10) House of Lydia Bed & Breakfast:
A calm oasis in the historic Garland Hill District of Lynchburg, Virginia, this faith-based Bed and Breakfast offers unparalleled elegance and charm. The House of Lydia welcomes overnight business guests as well as those seeking respite, renewal. and sanctuary. Visiting ministers, seminary professors, missionaries serving around the world, business travelers and other guests will all experience genuine hospitality in an atmosphere of peace and quiet.
SHOP OUR FAVORITES BELOW:
I thoroughly enjoy this blog… I read it everyday and I share it with my family. blachsouthernbelle means a lot.
Love the site, this is what I want to do; once I retire. I just need to know how to get started. If you or anyone can help me, please feel free to make suggestion; I am all ears.
I would like to invite you to check out the very first bed and breakfast in Henry County , Stockbridge Georgia . This is also a black owned bed and breakfast.
Love what I see. Is there any way that someone has a chance to invest in this?
Beautifully written blog… Do you know of any Black-owned stays in or around Savannah, Georgia?
I loved this article .I have a true liking for bed & baths and definitely plan to visit a couple of these.
I am planning a southern bed and breakfast tour for I and my beautiful mom. A long awaited vacation for her. And I have always wanted to start my own bed and breakfast. This article was very enlightening and informational in so many ways. Thank you.
I enjoy all the articles shared. Truly enjoyed the articles this day for me when viewing the bed and breakfast mansions with beautiful porches. Please check out “THE PORCH” by Elishea Barlow.