No matter what holiday, potato salad is always on the menu at my house. It is my father’s favorite side dish and I grew up making it with my brother and always scooping off half the eggs I sliced on top (I have a slight obsession with eggs) With help from one of my favorite Gullah chefs, Rashaunda Grant of Carolina Cookery, I am showcasing How to Make Baby Red Potato Salad For Summer.
Baby Red Potato Salad
2 Lbs Baby red potatoes,
2 whole eggs
1 ½ cup Mayonnaise
½ cup sweet relish
¼ cup sliced green onion
3 Tbsp Mustard
Seasoned Salt and Pepper to taste
- Clean potatoes thoroughly and cut into roughly 2-inch pieces.
- Placed cut potatoes in a stock pot and fill with water. Gently place whole eggs in pot with water and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Allow potatoes and eggs to boil for 12 mins or until potatoes are fork tender, then pour off excess water.
- Remove eggs, peel and dice for later, and place eggs and cooked potatoes in the fridge to cool.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine Mayonnaise, mustard, relish and green onion.
- When potatoes have cooled completely, add them and eggs to mayonnaise mixture and toss until evenly coated on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley (or paprika) and enjoy!