Today we are featuring an adorable Macon, GA couple that is cute as a button. The bride, Jasmine Habersham is a professional opera singer and today she is dishing on her favorite things about being a southern bride. Check out the story of this Macon, GA bride as she tells us what she loves about her hometown.
Photo Credit: J Michelle Photography
5 things I Love about Being a Southern Bride
1. I love southern etiquette. There is a certain regality that has been maintained over the years and I love how small details and gestures can make the wedding so elegant.
2. I love that I can blend my ethnicity with southern charm. Southern women are known for being sophisticated, very put-together, diligent and smart. To combine the two cultures of African American culture and southern charm is beautiful to me.
3. I am loving all of the kind words of advice and support (and gifts) from my family and our community. It feels really good to know that people are excited to celebrate our love and our upcoming marriage.
4. I love to wear vintage clothing and in preparation for all of the events (bridal shower, dinners etc), I am excited to wear all of the outfits that express my creative style.
5. While the process of preparing a wedding can be fun and sometimes stressful, having to prepare for the marriage through counseling has been eye-opening to me. I love the fact that I get to learn about my partner and how we can find ways to become better communicators as we go through this journey of life together.
3 Things I Love About my Hometown, Macon, GA
1. I love Macon’s deep history of music. Legends like Otis Redding, Little Richard, The Allmand brothers, Robert Mcduffie, a just a few of the artists that have come out of the heart of my hometown. Being connected to such a rich musical history has definitely influenced my craft as an opera singer and I am forever grateful to have been surrounded by such good music through my life
2. In addition to music, Macon has managed to preserve its’ rich and dynamic history. I love being able to see all of the old historic homes (some even built before the civil war)that were built with character and elegance.
3. Last but not least, the southern hospitality of Macon is fantastic. People have a way of making you feel like family even though you may be a stranger. It is very common for people to give you a smile or hello as you walk down the street, which all a part of the genuine love that people have for Macon.
Michiel is a Black Southern Belle living a lowcountry life. I love all things fashion, home decor and southern! When I am not running around doing fun stuff for Black Southern Belle, I live in antique stores and have a minor obsession with historic homes 🙂
Michiel is a Black Southern Belle living a lowcountry life. I love all things fashion, home decor and southern! When I am not running around doing fun stuff for Black Southern Belle, I live in antique stores and have a minor obsession with historic homes :)