I grew up in the lowcountry which means seafood is king in my culinary world and I also love carbs, especially biscuits. When you mix the two together, you have a little piece of southern seafood perfection, better known as a Crab Cake Biscuit. If you are feeling inspired to try out this dish, we have you covered thanks to Callie’s Hot Little BiscuitThey have shared the secret to the perfect Crab Cake Biscuit and we can’t wait to try and of course if you are too busy or prefer to make a date of it, you can always head to their shops in Charleston and Atlanta
Calliea’s Hot Little Biscuit Crab Cake Biscuit A�
2 lbs crab (1 jumbo lump a 1 back fin)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 – 3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup panko
2 tbsp dijon mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup finely chopped chives
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
4 dashes of cayenne pepper
8 dashes of Tabasco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup panko seasoned with salt and pepper (to coat the crab cakes before baking)
Lemon Basil Mayonnaise Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 1/4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Pick through the crab VERY carefully for pieces of shell.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, light tossing – do not over mix.
- Scoop about cup of the mixture into your hands and lightly form into a cake.
- Lightly roll in Acup of the seasoned panko to coat.
- Lay each crab cake on a parchment lined A? sheet tray. Laying another sheet of parchment on top of the first layer and starting a second layer, if necessary.
- Wrap tightly with saran wrap, top with foil, label, date and place in the fridge if serving the next day or the freezer if making more than 1 day in advance.
- For the lemon basil mayonnaise, mix all the ingredients together and add salt and pepper to taste. Double or triple if necessary.
- Make sure the crab cakes are fully thawed and coated well in panko before baking.
- Bake the crab cakes in the baking oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes on each side. Making sure that each side browns well.
- Remove from the baking oven and place in the warming oven.
- To serve: Place a little lemon basil mayo on each side of the biscuit and place the crab cake on the biscuit. Place the arugula on top of the crab cake.
- Butter the top of the biscuit and serve.