With such an amazing and busy life, a Black Southern Belle can sometimes need hacks to deal with all the chaos. Have you ever had such a full day, you forget about your after work responsibilities? Whether it’s a family dinner or an important dinner party, a BSB has to think quick and create a delicious dinner menu. Use these quick and easy 7 southern appetizer recipes to begin your dinner with appetizers that would satisfy all southern taste pallets.
1. Deviled Eggs: Deviled eggs are a classic southern appetizer that is both quick and easy. This favorite can be spruced up with extra ingredients like bacon or BBQ sauce. Check out this Deviled Eggs with Bacon recipe to add to your menu.
2. Chicken Wings: Boneless or traditional. Baked or fried. Saucy or dry. Chicken wings can be made so many different ways it is hard to pin down the original way to prepare them. Who needs original when you can have a variety of wings at the same time? Check out this recipe for Boneless Chicken Wings 4 ways.
3. Spinach Artichoke Dip: This dip is one of the first new things that I tried when I moved to the South. The spinach and artichokes mixed with gooey cheese can be eaten with chips or breads. Click here for the recipe!
4. 7 Layer Dip Cups: Seven layer dip is a traditionally Hispanic dish, seen very often in Texas. Tex-mex is as southern as a dish could be. This appetizer has tortillas, refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and etc all wrapped into a bite sized 7 layer dip. Check out the recipe now!
5. Fried Pickles: Fried foods in general are a staple for southern cooking. These fried pickles with add the perfect southern vibe to any dinner. Try out the recipe here.
6. Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Peppers: In southern cuisine, bacon can be added to just about anything to take it up a notch. Try out these Bacon wrapped Cheese stuffed Jalepenos here.
7. Chicken and Waffles Bites: Chicken and waffles are a personal favorite of mines, so I saved the best for last. This is a dish that can be served breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Remix the meal and make Chicken and Waffle Bites for appetizers at your next dinner.
So next time you have trouble creating a menu or you need something quick and easy, remember these 7 Simple Southern Appetizers.