Sponsored content A�Besides all of the beautiful decor, family, food and fellowship, I have a terrible guilty pleasure during the holiday season and that is partaking in holiday movies. But not just holiday movies, holiday specials from cooking to music to home tours take up half of my day. My poor husband has become an expert in all things Christmas movie-related during the month of December and thanks to DIRECTV NOW it is even easier to watch my favorite holiday movies.
Never heard of DIRECTV NOW? Here is a quick rundown: DIRECTV NOW is a streaming, or over-the-topA�service, that offers up to 120+ live TV channels, premium programming options and access to more than 25,000 on demand show and movie titles.* No cable box, no satellite, no credit check or annual contract is required and you can cancel at any time. This service has allowed me to catch up on my favorite shows while on the road with my husband at the wheel. He is just thankful I am no longer making him sing Christmas Carols 🙂
*Requires subscription to top package and all premium channels.
Anything that makes watching Holiday TV easier, whether it is on my phone, on my tablet or desktop, I am all down for. If anyone knows me, they know I always have a movie playing while I am working. Thanks to DIRECTV NOW, this is much easier to do and I highly suggest you set up an account yourself or gift one to your best friend ASAP. What is more fun than watching holiday movies with your bestie!?
How To Start Holiday Movie Watching Right Now! Need more incentive to get started? Here are my starter tips:
1)Just create an account, select the package and premium channels you want, and start watching on a supported browser or device.
2)With DIRECTV NOW, you can stream simultaneously on up to two devices. If you cancel during the 7-day free trial period, you will not be charged for the plan selected. After 7 days, the service renews (min. $35/mo.) unless you cancel.*
3) DIRECTV NOW offers a wide selection of programming packages at a great entertainment value. Packages start at $35 / month – Live a Little (60+ channels), Just Right (80+ channels at $50), Go Big (100+ channels at $60) and Gotta Have it (120+ channels at $70).
4)Take advantage of these A�offers this holiday season:
- Roku Streaming Stick: Free for new customers that prepay for just 1 month of DIRECTV NOW (min. $35/mo.).**
- Birthday credit:A�In celebration of DIRECTV NOWa��s first birthday, new customers can get $25 off their first month of service for any package using the a�?BDAY2017a�? promo code.***Service auto-renews after 1 month (min. $35/mo.) unless canceled.
* Not combinable with other offers. New subscribers only. Restrictions apply.
**New DIRECTV NOW subscribers only. No refunds. Service renews monthly until canceled. Restrictions apply. Details at directvnow.com.
*** No refunds. Restrictions apply. See www.directvnow.com for details.
5) Reasons You Cana��t Pass Up This Service and Why My Husband Downloaded It To Every Device As Soon As He Got Home:
- DIRECTV NOW set out to bring TV lovers a new way to experience their favorite shows virtually anywhere at a great price.
- This is rules-free TV for anyone in the U.S. who wants to stream shows and movies anytime, anywhere.
- Within minutes, you have the power to stream content over a U.S. internet connection on a variety of devices. No set-top-boxes, satellite dishes, annual contracts or credit checks required.
Now that you have your account set up, here are some holiday movie watching essentials that everyone must have:
- Comfy Couch: These are perfect for snuggles and lots of fun! And if you are watching with your significant other it is always fun to have a little fight over how much of the couch you are taking up (I usually take more than my fair share on purpose 🙂
- Holiday Decor: You can never go wrong with inspiration for movie time with a little holiday dA�cor, and if you are a Black Southern Belle, you will have plenty of decor and plenty of movies. In fact, the more movies you watch, the more decor you will add. At least that is what I tell myself to justify it all 🙂
- Wine: You can say this one three times to make sure everyone in your holiday watching party hears you loud and clear. Wine makes all holiday movies that much better, especially when the main characters finally live happily ever after in their small town on Christmas eve.
- Pillows: If you are a Black Southern Belle, your job is to buy as many decorative pillows as possible. Whether you are using holiday-inspired ones or just a few of your favorites, inviting your favorite pillows is a must. Here is one of my favorites:
You have what you need to get your holiday movie fun A�going through the New Year. With my list of essentials and your brand-new DIRECTV NOW account, be prepared to not leave your home for a while. If your friends start to miss you, gift them their own account or invite them over for some holiday fun because as always, the more the merrier! Happy holidays!
DISCLAIMER: This is a sponsored blog post and I was compensated by AT&T. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Images by Mercede B Photography