Summertime is here and we want all of our Black Southern Belles to enjoy the season. What’s better than hosting a get together to introduce Summer with a bang? Whether you want to invite all your friends or have an intimate gathering, there are plenty of party themes to choose from to get summer started right. Here are 10 Themes for BSB Backyard Parties that will leave your guests absolutely amazed.
1. Beach/Pool: Nothing say “Summer” more than a beach themed party. With beach balls hanging around and cool splashes of water, your guests will feel like they’re at the beach in no time.
2. Boho Garden: A Boho Garden part is the perfect event to host to start summer with friends. The flowers and chic dinner design will leave all your guests talking.
3. Burger Bar: A backyard BBQ is the #1 event of summer. In this unique twist, The Burger Bar, guests can create their favorite versions of a BBQ day classic.
4. Lemonade: How cute is this Lemonade Party? Gather a few pitchers of ice cold lemonade and throw on Beyonce’s Lemonade and you have got one great party theme for summer.
5. Outdoor Movie Night: An outdoor movie night is the new drive in movie. This party will be simple to plan and set up, using mostly household items to get it started. This comfortable event can be for two people or the entire gang!
6. Picnic Party: Who said you have to host the party at home this summer? This picnic party can be set up just about anywhere. All you need is the picnic, a blanket, and your loved ones. You can connect on a more personal level and still keep the summer theme flowing.
7. Crawfish Boil: Crawfish season showed up right on time this summer. Have a crawfish boil and invite all of your friends to dig into a massive pile of mudbugs, corn, sausage, and potatoes. It’s a southern tradition that no one can pass up.
8. Ice Cream Social: Don’t eat ice cream from the carton this summer at home. Host a fabulous Ice Cream Social. You can set up ice cream floats, ice cream sandwiches, or plain old ice cream cones. The possibilities are endless.
9. High Tea/ Brunch: High tea is an upscale feel to a backyard party. While the men may not want to sit around and sip tea, invite all of your BSB friends and enjoy this Mad Hatter style tea party. Just don’t forget the sweet tea!
10. All-American: The most famous day of the year to host a backyard celebration is 4th of July, also known as independence Day. Even if you can’t find time until July, a summer party is the way to get it started. Red, white, and blue decorations are almost all you need to get this party started.