I am pretty obsessed with eating eggs and I love any excuse to have them. In the South, deviled eggs reign supreme. If you are looking to add this dish to your next party or try a new recipe for your friends, we are here to teach you How to Make Classic Southern Deviled Eggs with an expert recipes from Chef Rashaunda Grant of The Carolina Cookery.
¼ cup mayo
2 tbsp sweet relish
1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
1 tsp minced shallot
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh Dill for garnish
- Carefully place eggs in a pot and cover with water.
- Place pot on stove and boil for 12 mins, then pour off excess water. Rinse cooked eggs in cold water to cool and stop the cooking process.
- When eggs are cool enough to handle, peel eggs and slice length wise.
- Gently remove yolks and place in a bowl with mayo, mustard, relish and shallot. Mix to combine. (For smoother, lump -free texture use food processor or small blender)
- Transfer yolk mixture to plastic piping bag, and fill egg whites with mixture.
- Garnish with fresh dill, and enjoy!
ITEMS WE LOVE: Add this beautiful deviled egg plate to your menu for a pop of color you on your tablescape.