HBCU Party Time: HBCU Tailgating Traditions with Lowcountry Biscuit Bar Inspiration
HBCU Football season is here and that means it is time for us to start HBCU Tailgating season. I absolutely love this time of year. As an HBCU grad with tons of HBCU graduates in my family and friend circles, it is a tradition that I am proud to continue especially with my family and son who is a future HBCU grad. If you love tailgate season as much as I do and are looking to upgrade your tailgate style, check out some of my tips below:
HBCU Tailgating – Lowcountry Biscuit Bar
- HBCU Hat Display with Florals: Aren’t these HBCU hats adorable? Nothing like repping your school. If you are looking for fun tailgate favors, these hats are it, you can style them on a wall with florals which can also be used as favors. You can pick up these adorable HBCU hats at your local Cracker Barrel Country Store featuring HBCUs such as Tennessee State University, Hampton University, Florida A& M University, Southern University, North Carolina Central University and more.
- Wellness Drink Tray: Hydration is key to tailgating, especially in the South where humidity and heat don’t disappear until almost November. With that in mind, water, essential oils and chapstick are perfect tailgate favors to give to your guests as they meet and greet with HBCU alum they haven’t seen in years. Wellness is important during the busy fall season and these items are perfect: https://shop.crackerbarrel.com/search?query=essential+oil
Nothing like celebrating HBCU tailgating season while listening to the bands especially clips from the Cracker Barrel Battle of Bands that took place in Houston, TX this past Labor Day Weekend.
- Designed Namecards for Each HBCU – HBCU Namecards are perfect to use for social media photos. Make them at your home and print them to match school colors or just your favorite colors.
- Buffet Table: There is no such thing as HBCU tailgating without good food. Layer your buffet with sauces, sides, and entrees. Don’t forget straws, napkins and other items for your guests to nibble on.
- Car Tailgate Bar: Don’t like hauling everything from your car to a tailgate tent? Just bring the party to your car
- Stationery and Decor: Decor is always a must when it comes to tailgating and a perfect time to show your HBCU pride.
Tailgating Food Menu:
As a new mom with a baby on the way, time is always of the essence. Cracker Barrel To-Go https://www.crackerbarrel.com/order-online/catering helps make my tailgate season is easier with my favorite southern classics made from scratch that I can get on the way to the game and order with ease from the comfort of my home or phone.
- Biscuits: You can’t go wrong with fresh biscuits. I love placing them in my favorite champagne bucket or dishware with a simple linen napkin
- Meat Options For Your Guests: Seafood and chicken liver are some of my favorite meats to indulge in when I am home in the Lowcountry. For this spread I chose, Catfish, Shrimp, and fried Chicken Livers. I literally eat one of these items every other day so it is only fitting to have them as a part of HBCU tailgating season.
- Sides Dishes Make the Meal: Nothing is more Fried Okra, Baked Sweet Potatoes. These are traditional staples in the Lowcountry and are best had fresh and made from scratch.
- Sweets for Dessert: Desserts always make everyone happy, even if your team loses. I chose a classic Double Chocolate Fudge Coca Cola Cake and Apple Dumplin which are hearty options for tailgate season.
- Sauces: When it comes to sauces, chow chow, apple butter and onion maple jam are winners for a savory or sweet mix. These southern classic are traditions to add to any tailgate.
***This blog was sponsored by Cracker Barrel. All opinions are my own***